My Firm Foundation

10:21 AM Johanna 0 Comments


This time every year something happens. Something that rocks my world.
Last year it was the end of a good friendship and the death of my grandmother.
This year it will most likely result in the end of another really good friendship (thankfully no deaths)

Now I'm not naive to think that I did not play a part in these friendships ending. The one constant in both those events was me. I can't blame another for my actions or lack of actions. I made mistakes in my friendships with those people and I must live with the consequences of those mistakes. It sucks because they probably would've been life long friends and we both messed them up.

But despite all these friendships ending, I am realizing more and more that I need to rely on the one thing that won't fail me.
Christ. 

People come and go in our lives, but Christ is constant and He alone is my firm foundation. (Psalm 62) He is the only one that won't leave me. He won't treat me like a toy. He won't get bored and find someone better.  He calls me His beloved (Romans 9) and because of that I do not need to worry about what others think of me or how many friendships I have.

I'm not going to lie about it and say losing friendships isn't difficult and that I haven't cried about it. I got off the phone with my mum today crying for almost an hour about the most recent friendship that's ending. It's difficult, it's painful, but it's also sanctification. And though I know the end result will be more beautiful then I could ever imagine, the process is still extremely difficult.

One of the things that is getting me through this process is the songs on this EP by two of the most talented people I know at Liberty, Kyle Smith and Lauren Sweeney.  Though all these songs have helped me through this process I would encourage you to listen to the songs Psalm 62 and You Give Me Life and purchase their EP from iTunes. They are such Spirit filled songs and I hope they will be a blessing to you just as they are a blessing to me.




You Might Also Like

0 comments: