On My Mind This Week - August 31st - September 6th

8:55 PM Johanna 0 Comments


I know what you're thinking, "Wow another post? This hasn't happened in months!"
I hear you and I agree. It's odd for me to use this platform of blogging for anything other than the random post once in a blue moon.

So I thought this would be a good way to share what's on my mind over the course of every week. Short little thoughts I've had about different things. Not always a list of favourites, but just things that have been on my mind over the past week.

Opera
This year I have the amazing opportunity to be a part of Liberty University's School of Music Opera production of The Marriage of Figaro (Figaro's Wedding). This is my first time being able to be a part of LU's opera production on stage and I'm super excited. Since about 16 I fell in love with opera and the art form and to have the opportunity to share that love on stage is such a blessing.

Wallis Giunta

Continuing on the opera track, for the past year or so I have been following the career of fellow redheaded, Canadian mezzo-soprano, Wallis Giunta. She's absolutely fabulous and has been one of the main reasons I'm considering opera and vocal performance for my Masters. Her voice has such a smooth quality to it and her stage presence is so captivating. Under 30 and she has already made her Metropolitan Opera debut and will be making her German debut as Cherubino at Oper Leipzig this fall. She's fabulous and such an inspiration.


Voting
This year while one of my countries figures out who they want to be the nominee for both Republican and the Democrat sides, the land where I was born, Canada, is having it's own election. So this week my sister and I sat down and voted with our special little ballots. It was her first election and my second election but since we aren't physically there to vote we to figure out how to make our votes correct and count. Lots of fun!

Thesis

This is going to be the thing I'm most proud of yet the thing that causes the most stress this semester.
Right now things look pretty good but once I get my first draft picked apart it will probably be another story.

Allergies
Every year I get allergies. This year they are driving me insane. And I've been forgetting to take allergy pills every morning before heading to work so it's been sneeze city for me the past week.

Work
Speaking of work, I have a job this semester! I design all the posters and convo slides for upcoming School of Music Events! I love going to work and the people I work with. The whole office and SOM are so kind and helpful to this newbie and I greatly appreciate all they are doing to help me do my job. And since this poster has been printed and is around campus I can finally share it here! (P.S. You should totally come!)

That's all for this week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: